is the most natural way
to gain time!
- HOW TO CREATE A VACUUM-PACK -
The vacuum-pack preservation provides very long-term expiration dates, with no preservatives at all. This is possible removing all the air from the package.
The packaging process takes place in three main phases:
- 1 -
a sheet of specific-for-food plastic is folded and closed on the bottom and on the back thanks to a heated press.
- 2 -
the brand new envelope is filled with the exact amount of product and passed in a “bell” where all the air is sucked out.
- 3 -
at the same time, as soon as the air intake is done, the envelope get close by a third thermo-welding in its upper part.
- HOW DOES VACUUM PRESERVATION WORKS? -
The vacuum-packaging eliminates any type of gas from the inside of the pack, so also all the oxygen. Oxygen is one of the main causes of food spoilage, since it is responsible for the oxidation and it is of vital importance for the aerobic microorganisms. So the vacuum prevents the development of bacteria and aerobic microorganisms responsible for the degeneration of food. It also stops all alterations linked to the action of oxygen (oxidation) and air in general, as the gradual loss of the organoleptic properties of a food.
- 5 VACUUM-PACKAGING BENEFITS -
• Long-lasting products: Molino di Borgo San Dalmazzo vacuum-packs only dried products (no water inside). Those two features together (dried items + vacuum) let us skip the expiration date of 3 years after the date of packaging.
• The product is totally protected from the external environment, every kind of contamination of smell, taste or color is avoided.
• The organoleptic features are perfectly preserved: once you open a vacuum-pack you will be able to fully appreciate the original aroma, flavor and color of the product.
• Every nutritional feature of the food stays unchanged.
• No preservatives are used.